About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Wednesday Workbench 15 February 2023

 


Over the past couple of days I've been painting a few figures for my Friday submission - they're finished and the post is waiting in the queue to be dealt with. 

Today saw me begin work on some of the interior pieces for the Type S Scout. I decided to start with the partitions and bulkheads, which all received their main colour by airbrush. As one was the upper engineering section which combined the walls and floor in one piece, I decided to do all the engineering floors - the floors and doors of the different sections will all be in different colours (engineering = red, crew accommodations = green; bridge = blue; other areas = blue-grey).



This evening I've done a test piece, using one of the cabin partitions. I'm not happy with that green, and I'm not keen on the copper band on the walls; I think I'll use a different green and do the band in that colour as well. I suspect that the blue I was going to use will have the same problem



4 comments:

  1. Can see what you mean about the green Tamsin, a desaturated colour would work better, as for the stripe, I like the different colour to the rest, I would say try yellow, but yellow is a whole other problem in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean a saturated green would be better - that's what I've tried since and it does look better. :)

      Delete
  2. Mmm, I think when you have all the rooms inside the hull, the basecoat bluegrey will wash and blend in too much tooonce in.. they may need to be brighter to stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the blue-grey basecoat will look OK once everything is put together, but we'll have to wait and see. :)

      Delete