About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 18 February 2023

AHPC XIII - 10th Submission

 

For my tenth submission I painted up three Judge Dredd figures from Warlord Games - the Wally Squad pack. Between them, they gave me two studios and a ride in Lady Sarah's Limousine.

Full post here

For those who aren't readers of 2000AD, the Wally Squad are the Judges of the Undercover Division, and they receive a dispensation to break various Judicial Conduct rules to enable them to fit in and do their jobs.

Books Studio - Dirty Frank


Lady Sarah's Limousine - Aimee Nixon



The Casting Couch - Jack Point, The Simping Detective


I'd originally primed these figures ready for last year's Challenge but was put off painting them because of an issue with the sculpts - for some reason, they'd been done with quite deep seam lines on Frank's sleeves, Aimee's stocking and Jack's trousers (not to mention the solid "emoji" disc on his shirt); presumably that was done to make it a little easier for people using contrast paints (or equivalent from other companies). I recently discovered a trick for dealing with them - the gaps can be filled with Mod Podge. A couple of applications later and a re-prime, they were much better.


Current state of my studio tour:




4 comments: