About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 28 April 2022

Wednesday Workbench 27 April 2022

 


I was making good progress on the tiles, but then I ran out of one of the paints on Monday. I've ordered some more, but work has temporarily stopped on that project.

Luckily, that afternoon I received some MDF goodies from TT Combat:


Six of those are new orders. The other two are replacements for the two that I'd had problems with - they very generously sent me full kits rather than just the sprues.

To make use of the down-time on the tiles project, I decided to de-sprue the kits and start assembling them. Here is everything that has been assembled so far (including the ones I'd assembled a week or two ago):


PreFeb Beta


PreFab Alpha



Having been sent a complete kit, I was able to assemble a standard ground floor piece:



...and also a two-door ground floor piece (using some doors from Blotz):



Cantilevers, bridges and connectors:


Tri-Walkway


I bought this one to see whether it would work with the PreFab units. The "roof" is the same height and width, so it should work with them for layouts. They also do Tri-Building kits - I might get some of those (and more Tri-Walkways) at some point.

I've de-sprued the other kits as well, but won't assemble them until the buildings have been painted:


Large Crates and Streetlights


I only de-sprued enough parts to make up five streetlights as I only have nine acrylic "lamps", four of which I need to the original kits.

Walkways


There are three kits' worth of parts in the photo above!

The parts which haven't been assembled yet have also not had the "tags" sanded. I should be doing that tomorrow (hence the bundle of emery board nail files in the top photo).

8 comments:

  1. Those already look pretty cool. And will look better painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of kit you have there Tamsin. It will look pretty cool all togther on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fair bit, but shouldn't take too long to paint...hopefully! :)

      Delete
  3. You have been busy Tamsin, and nice to see that the running out of paint hasn't slowed you down at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annoyingly, there were just two tiles left to go with that paint! Prepping and assembling the new stuff helped keep me out of mischief! :)

      Delete
  4. I really look forward to what you paint these up like, it may give me some ideas....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you check back through my posts, you'll see how they should end up looking. :)

    ReplyDelete