About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Wednesday Workbench 20 April 2022

 

I haven't done much since assembling what I could of the SciFi buildings. While I wait for TT combat to send out replacement bits (they replied to my email today), I thought I'd do a quick test of something I had planned for adding tarmac texture to some street boards (these ones from Multiverse).

As you can see from the photo above, I'm considering using pre-mixed tile grout. One one side of the base I applied it neat, then painted and drybrushed it. On the reverse I applied a mix of grout and black paint, then drybrushed it.

Neat, painted, drybrushed

Grout/paint mix, drybrushed

I think that mixing the grout with black paint gives the better finish It is also much easier to apply. Tomorrow, I will mix up a batch of grout and paint and then add it to the road surfaces.


8 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you Tamsin, the mix looks much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Not my own idea, but I thought it was worth testing! :)

      Delete
  3. The grout may bot be significantly better, but it is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both have grout - the first one was neat grout painted, the second was a grout/paint mix. :)

      Delete
  4. Have you thought of adding a little sand to the mix? some of the grainier stuff might add a little texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you'll see from my new post, I've taken your idea on board! :)

      Delete