About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 15 April 2022

Finished: SciFi Terrain

 

And they're finished! I even got the final airbrushing step done yesterday. Luckily, once split down they only take up three A4 boards rather than the three A3 boards they are filling in the photo above.


Walkways




I think I need to get another three packs of these for what I want. My plan is to do one of them like this and to reverse the heights of the small and large platforms for the other two. The small red bits are connectors to join platforms together.

The annoying thing with these is that there aren't quite enough of the railings.


Streetlamps




there was an annoyance with this kit as well. The MDF sprue has enough parts to make up ten lamp posts, but the acrylic sprue only has nine "lamps".  There are two packs shown here. You may have counted sixteen of these with lamps, rather than eighteen. That's because the acrylic sprue that came with one pack appears to have had something wrong with the cutting template leading to two of them being unusable - I'll be emailing TT Combat about that.

I attempted a bit of object source lighting on these. I should perhaps have airbrushed a paler shade of the base colour first on the areas that would be hit by the OSL effect.


Bus Stops






Security Gates






Fast Food Stalls








Fences



There was a further annoyance with these kits (two packs again). There was clearly enough space on the sprues to make up enough connector pieces for each join as I had eight spare uprights - they could have easily replaced two of those with the cap pieces (two would fit in the space of each upright).


All the kits here are from TT Combat. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. 


8 comments:

  1. They've all turned out great Tamsin, weird call on the number of acrylic pieces to number of lamps !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look FANTASTIC! - I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that there will be buses in the future....

    ReplyDelete