About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 22 August 2020

Paint table Saturday 22 August

Yesterday I got all the woodland/forest terrain bases base-coated and dry-brushed.



I then began work on the swamp bases. I base-coated these in a darker colour and dry-brushed them. The next step was to add some dark green-brown ink into the "pools". For some unfathomable reason I decided to spread the green ink wash (thinned down somewhat) over the ground areas. Yup, big mistake. To correct that, once it was dry I had to dr-brush them again with the base and highlight colours (after airbrushing a coat of matt varnish to seal in the ink wash). Later on I added some slightly watered down gloss Mod Podge for the water effect. Almost 24 hours later, some of the deeper pools are still drying:



As I can't really do anything more with the terrain until the Mod Podge has dried (hopefully tomorrow?) I finished prepping the last of the figures for my "Infamy, Infamy!" project this morning and this afternoon I started gluing figures onto sticks ready for priming and painting:



That's the Germans done; once they have been primed I will do the same with the Romans, the animals and the civilians.

5 comments:

  1. Scenery is looking good Tamsin, can understand bringing the green up onto the banks of the marshland, shame it didn't work. Have you tried a heat source to dry the Mod Podge quicker ?
    That's a large prep work ready for the next stage

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAGH, I feel your pain over the ill advised ink wash! I have done the same thing myself!
    I am so looking forwards to how you do the Romans and Germani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers. It was worth trying and was easily corrected. I don't want to use a heat source to speed up the drying as it could re-warp the bases. :)

    @ Herkybird - luckily it was easily corrected when I realised it hadn't worked quite how I'd imagined it would. :)

    @ Neil - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete