About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 28 August 2020

Finished: Marsh Terrain


After many setbacks, they're finally finished!

First Batch:



Second Batch:



Comparison:




The static grass on the first batch doesn't look quite as bad as I thought. I might go back over them with the 4mm "dead" grass mix which I used on the second batch.

With those done, I think I will probably switch back to painting figures. I'll probably make a start on my ancient Germans for "Infamy, Infamy!" - that should keep me busy for a week or two.



9 comments:

  1. These look sufficiently sludgy! I still think a few tufts sticking out of the pools would look good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff
    Now to christen them in a wargame ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Tamsin, like the variation between the two sets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, I can hear the mosquitoes already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Tamsin, fear not about the setbacks, they wouldn't have turned out so well if they didn't bog you down some 8D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I can feel the muck filling into my shoes right now. Setbacks are how we learn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Herkybird - thanks! You're right - I should have had some reeds sticking out of the pools. :)

    @ Geordie - cheers! :)

    @ Dave Stone - thanks! :)

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Paul SS - thanks! :)

    @ Terry - cheers! It was a lot of work for a square foot of terrain though! :)

    @ Miles - thanks! They are indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete