About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 3 August 2020

Finished: Subway Entrance for Judge Dredd


I said yesterday that I might have something else finished today, and I was right. I managed to get all the painting done last night then did the washes, gloss coat, decals and final gloss and matte coats done today just in time to include it in the recording of episode 20 of the Madaxeman Lockdown Specials podcast (which will be published in a few days time).


The MDF kit is from TT Combat. One of the "M" signs snapped off during assembly but I managed to glue it back in place. Unfortunately it broke off again while I was painting it so I decided to just leave it as an example of the mindless juve vandalism endemic to Mega City One.


As a little extra touch for Herkybird, I made sure to add some graffiti decals on top of others. Even though it added quite a bit of time to the whole process.








12 comments:

  1. Another excellent piece Tamsin, all the extra detail really paid off to make it awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Tamsin, especially with the broken M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really found a winning formula with these pieces Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice work on all these terrain pieces Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Dave stone - thanks! :)

    @ Ray - cheers, m'dear! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    @ Andrew F - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tamsin! I didn't mean to make work for you, but it sure looks like REAL graffiti now!

    I agree, that missing sign looks so right!

    Great work on this piece, by the way! (or is that subway?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice piece of terrain and interestingly different. Great paint job too. Might pick up a couple of those, look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Herkybird - well, I didn't have anything else to do on Monday afternoon! :)

    @ Hendrid - thanks! It's also worth checking out the ones from Knights of Dice [through Shiny Games in the UK] and multiverse Gaming; more expensive, but perhaps nicer models. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. Well painted and very detailed. The graffiti sets it off well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this. Well done Tamsin. Hope you are doing well this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm coping quite well with our mini-heatwave. :)

      Delete