Once again the Snowlord (Curt) has announced the Analogue Hobbies Paint Challenge. And this year it is going to be monstrous! I mean, just look at who the Wednesday minion is....
With seven prior Challenges, that makes this year's AHPC "Ate". In recognition of this, Curt has made the theme for Curtgeld and the final bonus theme round "monsters".
As a previous entrant in at least four Challenges, I had a reserved place which I have gladly taken up. I've set myself a (for me) low target of 1300 points as I don't want to get caught up inside the hermitage like in previous years. This time I plan to get out gaming at least once a week.
I guess you want to know what I am planning to paint this time around. Well...
1. 15mm Sea Peoples - left over from last year and part of the reason for my lower target as I've got to paint the different colour patters on the kilts and armour.
2. 15mm Mongols - left over from last year
3. 6mm ACW - I have a load of cavalry, artillery and generals left over from last year
4. 28mm monster for Curtgeld (to be bought at some point)
5. 28mm pulp/gangsters - I've still got a lot left from last year and some new purchases
6. 28mm Jailbirds characters - left over from last year
7. 28mm WW2 Russian Women - some additions purchased at Salute this year
8. 28mm WW2 Aussies - purchased a few weeks ago at SELWG
9. 28mm 2000AD figures - I purchased a few figures at Salute this year
10. 15mm Kra'Vak - bought at SELWG
11. 6mm SYW - purchased at Salute (with some later purchases) to paint up as "imaginations" forces
The first four are my priority and should get me close to my target. If I complete them with time in hand then I'll pick and choose from the others.
This year won't be seeing any additions to my 15mm Seven Years War Russians, and (probably) no spaceships (although one of the bonus theme rounds is "flight" so maybe...Hmmmm, I do have all those Shapeways TIE fighters to paint- that's a few flights!)
Apart from the "monster" figure and essentials (paint, bases, stuff like that) I won't be making any purchases until it's over. No indeed, I will absolutely not be making any purch...ooh, shiny!
With just under a month to go to the start, I need to start clearing the decks in readiness. That means I need to try to get the rest of the Ming painted. And think about the bonus theme rounds and whether I want to do anything for them.