About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 14 October 2017

Saturday Update 14 October

Instead of leaping straight into painting the "red hat" cavlary, I decided to do something long overdue this afternoon - finishing assembly and painting of the Sarissa corner store and warehouse. The lower parts of the warehouse still look a bit too clean - I might have to go over them with another dirty wash at some point.




Sometime in the future I'll need to make up some signs for the businesses. I've got a couple of ideas for those.

This evening I've started work on the "red hat" cavalry. Well, their horses at any rate:


Once the brown wash has dried I'll do the white markings, eyes and the tack. And maybe touch up the riders with Sky Grey where the browns have slopped onto them. Tomorrow I'll carry on with the riders - with just the 9 of them, I might even manage to get the painting finished.

15 comments:

  1. Those buildings are gorgeous! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic work on the buildings Tamsin, absolutely awesome stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What scale are the buildings? Look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buildings look spot on. I have just taken to using Hammerite 'special metal primer' for my priming of lead - it is oxide brown, so also serves as an ideal base coat for the horses. It is a lot stronger as a primer on the lead than anything I have used before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buildings are lovely, great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those buildings are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed.... stunningly attractive buildings. I`d be dead proud of those on my games table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking terrain piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great buildings .. I have the corner one to,do,yet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ Blax - thanks! :)

    @ Chris - cheers! They're 28mm from Sarissa Precision :)

    @ Norm - thanks! Is the Hammerite a spray? :)

    @ Dannoc - cheers! :)

    @ Hils - thanks! :)

    @ Steve - cheers! :)

    @ Dean - thanks! :)

    @ Dave - cheers! I'm sure you'll make a much more impressive job with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous buildings Tamsin! The colouring is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your building look like the came from the smarter end of town than mine, they do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving those buildings. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those buildings looks great.

    ReplyDelete