About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 9 October 2017

Finished - 15mm Ming Chinese Spear & Crossbow Unit



In my Tuesday post I said I'd go with either the additional 3 bases of "red hat" horse archers or a spear & crossbow unit. As you can see, I went with the spear & crossbow unit. As I need to take at least one of these as "poor" in FoGR I needed to work out a way of easily distinguishing them from "average" units. I decided to achieve this by making the coat and hat colour the same (and muted). The officer and musician get a bit of colour to make up for the drabness of their troops.

"Enough with the blurb!" I hear you cry out, "We want pics!".





These were finished (including flocking) very late on Saturday, then I took photos on Sunday morning.

As you will have seen from my post yesterday, I've started work on some Korean infantry to make up the first "pikemen" bases for ADLG. I should have them done later this week.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on getting the 'horde' infantry started, I always struggle doing the masses of rank and file needed in most armies, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Herkybird - cheers! They're actually the third infantry unit I've done, but the first of the few which will be poor :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Steve - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete