About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Army Review: 28mm WotR Archers

I might be amending the painting plan for my week off work. I've kept putting it off, but I think it's time to bite the bullet and crack on with painting the sample figure I received from Raging Heroes. So, this evening I separated the parts, trimmed the flash and lightly scraped the (very minimal) mould lines. And then, with much swearing I put all the pieces together - some were very fiddly. I won't be posting any WIP pics as this is going to be a review post. I think I'm going to have to bounce this figure ahead of the SYW cavalry.



Now, back to today's Army Review. Jumping back to earlier times, these boys are the start of my Wars of the Roses army for FoG or ADLG. the figures are all 28mm plastics from Perry Miniatures.








I really must get round to doing the billmen, the mounted and dismounted men at arms and the light cavalry at some point to have a playable force. Now, where have you seen me saying that before?

9 comments:

  1. Great start, any army with this many longbow is going to be brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had these hidden away for a while!

    They are excellent (as is always the case with your work), but you're right, they'll need some back-up - will we see some more of these chappies arriving at the workbench any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word that's an awful lot of plastic! It must have been a fiddly job putting that lot together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, and what a great period in history, very confusing but still great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. English Longbowmen. So Iconic, just so very Iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Monty - cheers! Although for FoG the army could have a lot more than this :)

    @ Evan - thanks! Not hidden so much as only having appeared during the 5th AHPC :)

    @ Michael A - cheers m'Lord! They weren't particularly fiddly to assemble. The main problem was getting matching left and right arms as I'd stupidly snipped everything off the sprues - sorting out the billmen and men at arms will be even more painful in that regard :)

    @ Ray - thanks! Definitely a confusing era with all those Richards, Henrys and such like :)

    @ Clint - cheers! And they're definitely iconic :)

    @ Francis - you're too kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the figures! Although I have to admit, every time I see the abbreviation "WotR," I wonder for a moment whether it refers to War of the Roses, or War of the Ring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the figures! Although I have to admit, every time I see the abbreviation "WotR," I wonder for a moment whether it refers to War of the Roses, or War of the Ring. :)

    ReplyDelete