About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 13 March 2023

Monday Workbench 13 March 2023

 

I've started painting up bits to accompany the Type S. Yesterday I painted a bunch of small cargo items and gloss coated them this morning. I'll be adding decals to them later this week once I've (2D!!)printed and prepped them.

This afternoon I began work on painting up a few 3D printed figures. As of taking the photos, they have all been base-coated; I'll be doing highlights over the next couple of days.


There are six figures in 4 poses each, plus three individual figures. I've limited the colour palette as much as possible to help speed the painting up.

At the moment, I'm not quite halfway through printing some bits (wall and floor panels) for a photo backdrop for the figures. The wall plates will be going behind the items shown above (NB - positions of some of those bits will be different on the final piece and some may be omitted).


2 comments:

  1. The figures and cargo look to be off to a great start, are these all for the scout ship ? The back drop for photographs is a great idea, I may have to steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they're all for the Scout ship post. The backdrop will be useful to have, but it's taken a lot more printing and gluing than I'd anticipated. :)

      Delete