About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 11 June 2022

Paint Table Saturday 11 June 2022

 



Today I have mostly been...

Running more test prints on the 3D printer. I also made time to give another junk piece a single light coat of filler primer and do some more sanding tests. I took each quarter to a different level of grit - none, 120 grit, 180 grit and 240 grit.

No sanding

120 grit only

120 and 180 grit

120, 180 and 240 grit


Since Wednesday I have printed a few more (wider this time) sanding blocks and added sandpaper strips to all of them:


I'll probably spend a bit of time tomorrow working up through the different grits on the piece I was sanding today.

Yesterday I primed and dry-brushed the pieces I'd sanded on Wednesday:


No filler primer before sanding

Filler primer before sanding

The drybrushing helped to show that the one with the filler primer was a fair bit smoother. It also made the sanding much easier, apart from recesses being a bit clogged.


1 comment:

  1. Ha! Paint 'em lurid and stick them in your window at Halloween, rather than bin them!

    ReplyDelete