About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 12 November 2021

Eve Of Salute Update

Well, it's Salute tomorrow and I will be heading to the ExCel centre for a spending spree. I probably won't be taking photos of all the games this time - I've learned my lessons from past years, but will inevitably end up with pics of most of them. My simple rule this year is that if they don't have a sign identifying who they are and what the game is then they won't get a photo; it's just too much hassle trying to work out who and what they are when there are so many games at the show.

I do have a small shopping list and a couple of pre-orders to collect.

However, the post title does mention update so I'd better get to that part. the eagle-eyed among you (who may also have realistic hair, posable hands and a big scar on one cheek) will have noticed that there hasn't been a "Paint Table Saturday" or "Wednesday Workbench" post since I finished the Koreans and Chinese last week. Basically, that's because there wasn't really anything to show you.


Mostly I have been prepping figures, part of my "getting ready for AHPC XII". A considerable time ago I bought a load of extra figures from Lancashire Games to boost my Early Imperial Romans and Germans up to full armies for ADLG. I've managed to get partway through prepping them this week and should have them fully prepped, onto painting sticks and primed by next weekend. There are also a few British airborne figures that need a bit of prep work - they will be for painting prior to the Challenge.

On top of that, I got the new batch of jungle scrub mix made.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tamsin,
    I caught Big Lee's two-and-a-half-minute clip on You Tube earlier regarding his expedition to Salute. I just thought that you might be interested in knowing that Historicon is on for this weekend as well in Valley Forge, PA. The show is combining Fall-In with Historicon and has extended itself to five days - Wednesday through Sunday. I wasn't planning on attending anyway because of the challenge facing us with a new round of Covid this fall. But still, I miss it. I hope that you and your friends have a most wonderful time. One thing - do you ever play in any participation games while there? Whether you do or not have a great time!
    Jerry - The Celtic Curmudgeon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop by the Little Wars Revisited game and say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been an Action Man (minus scar) for ahem years, but i am in a hiatus too.. so much to paint and the project I am working on doesn't inspire, but if I work on something else, I feel guilty. The answer is obviously to buy some more figures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salute? Rather you than me, even without Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jerry - I saw yesterday that it's also Historicon this weekend. Hopefully it will be a successful few days for HMGS and the attendees. I do sometimes take as seat at participation games if they grab my attention. :)

    @ Alastair - I must have walked past that game without spotting it. My apologies! :)

    @ Ray - you did! :)

    @ Doug - buying more figures is never the wrong answer! :)

    @ Simon - I guess Salute is a bit like Marmite - love it or hate it. Personally, I enjoy the show and now that SELWG has moved to the Lea Valley centre Salute is the second easiest show for me to get to. :)

    ReplyDelete