About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 30 October 2021

Paint Table Saturday 30 October

 


I know what (some of you) are thinking - "That table looks far too clean and tidy!". Please rest assured that this is a very temporary state of affairs and it will soon be looking very cluttered and messy.

I finished painting the Korean cavalry yesterday and hit them and the Ming levy with Klear/ink last night. Today I used the airbrush to matte varnish them and the Korean infantry. After leaving them a few hours, I popped them off their painting sticks, sorted them out into "units" and then glued the figures onto bases.


A couple of the figures refused to stay upright, so I ended up using some "kicker" to quickly cure the superglue. That is why you can see white patches around some of the figures' puddle bases.

Tomorrow I will be adding basing texture. They should all be finished by Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. You continue to produce excellent work with machine like efficiency! - I am struggling to paint a couple of figures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Tamsin, the quality and quantity is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Herkybird - thanks! I'm sure your painting mojo will pick up again soon enough. :)

    @ Dave - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find contact adhesive helpful for basing unbalanced figures. The only downside is that you have to get the placement right first time.

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete