As you can see, I also bought some brushes to try out. I didn't take photos of the foam trays I'd ordered from Products For Wargamers because, let's face it, they're not really interesting enough to take photos of (well, not until they have figures in them).
6mm ACW Progress
Oh, yes, the real "meat" of this post. On Thursday I added the basing texture mix to all of the bases. As I was doing this, I realised when I got to the artillery and limber bases that ~I should have left the guns and limbers off. Fortunately I had only done one of each at that point, so I quickly removed the others - they'll be glued back on at the end.
I left them alone yesterday, to give the texture time to fully dry and adhere. Today I did the drybrushing:
The drybrushing step also acts to remove any loose grit and sand.
I'll be adding static grass to the bases tomorrow, then adding the guns and limbers back to the bases I'd removed them from. I'll need to dig out a couple of flags to add to some of the command bases.
I was remiss last week and forgot to post the podcast link. Which means you're getting two links today!