About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 15 October 2020

Thursday Workbench 15 October

 As it turns out, I'm a complete idiot. Somehow I failed to notice that yesterday was Wednesday so I missed doing my usual "Wednesday Workbench" post, so you're getting one today.


I finished painting the last of the Romans yesterday and varnished them this morning. Once the varnish had dried I popped the figures off the painting sticks and sorted the figures into groups for basing.

Legionaries & engineers

Auxiliary infantry

Cavalry, auxiliary archers and command stand figures

This afternoon I spent about an hour gluing the figures onto bases:


Tomorrow I will start basing them; they should get finished on Saturday.






6 comments:

  1. Having had one years ago, there is no army that looks better than an Imperial Roman one newly painted and based!
    Great work there again Tams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Tamsin, and so easy to lose track of the days of the week ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your workbench is always busy... certainly more on your than mine at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Herkybird - thanks! Incredibly, these are the first Romans I've painted, although I do have a Late Roman army that I bought off someone. :)

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Dave Stone - thanks! :)

    @ Lee - not always, just most of the time! :)

    @ Norm - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete