About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 20 December 2019

'Tis the Night Before Challenge

Curt Campbell did gush,
So wipe down that workbench
And clean out that brush
You can begin painting
In a few hours time
Not figures you've started
Unless they're just primed


By the time this drivel is posted there will be 10 hours left before the kick-off of AHPC X. All my prep is done and only one batch of figures (the Judge Dredd minis) hasn't been primed yet.

My workbench has been wiped down and I've got it ready for painting my first submissions:


Taking a bit of a risk, I am going to try out my new wet palette tomorrow I've also got a new set of brushes out (my last pair of series 7 brushes have taken a heavy hammering over the past few months).


Here's a photo of the figures I definitely intend to paint:


What? You want close ups of the boards? Oh, go on then!

Strontium Dog minis

15mm robots and 10mm lizardmen

28mm characters and 15mm SYW Russians

28mm WW2 British Airborne

28mm Pulp

28mm Barbarians

Barbarian skirmishes, command, shamen and beasts

Barbarian swordsmen and axemen

Barbarian cavalry riders

Barbarian cavalry mounts

Besides the Judge Dredd figures, there is a lot more that's prepped and primed in the wings if I finish these early. I might also be making up some terrain.


Before I go, I would just like to wish all my fellow participants in this year's Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge the best of luck in achieving their targets, winning their side duels but above all I hope that they will have good fun over the next three months.


16 comments:

  1. Boy, I wish I had your dedication, it seems like torture to me! (Even though it gets you into your figure mountain!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you planning when these are done next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate how neet your desk is....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to see these done 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a mix of figures Tamsin! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing them making a more colourful appearance soon! The best of luck, and have a good flight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look forward to seeing these progress Tamsin, good luck in the challenge, especially as your using a wet palette before trying it out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every year I say to myself that I will prepare properly for the challenge this year, and every year I forget. Not much chance of getting anything done this weekend either as night duty. Still 3 moths to go. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Herkybird - thanks! Torture? Painting figures for three months isn't torture! :)

    @ Martin C (and dave D) - cheeky sods! :)

    @ Dave D - and you! :)

    @ Adam C - the desk may be neat, but you should see the rest of my hobby room! ;)

    @ Ken - thanks! So am I :)

    @ Ray - cheers, m'dear! :)

    @ Emjenic - the first painted ones have already been submitted so they should get posted shortly :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! Life would be pretty boring without taking risks! :)

    @ GH - my preparation consists solely of getting figures ready to go and making sure I have spare bottles of heavily-used paints . There's no real planning involved about what to paint when :)

    @

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck.
    You were a lot more organised than I. Just a few pieces of terrain made and primed brown and a root in the lead pile.

    ReplyDelete