About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 21 March 2020

AHPC X Is Over - Twenty-Eighth Submission - A Flashy Ending

That's it, all done and dusted until December. What a ride it has been. Despite aiming as much as possible for quality over quantity I somehow managed to finish the Challenge in eighth place with 1877 points. Over the seven Challenges I have participated in, that is my second lowest score. I'm quite happy with that as my overall quality of painting was much higher than for previous years.

This year also saw me complete (for the moment) several projects:
Strontium Dog - all minis painted
Pulp/Salutesville - all prepped minis painted
Barbarian warband - all painted
WW2 British Airborne - final figures and support weapons painted


But that's enough of this self-congratulatory nonsense. My twenty-eighth submission got published last night; Curt kindly held it in the queue so that it would be the penultimate post: [link]



Tomorrow morning I will be varnishing the last few bits and then I will get everything I've painted out on the table for a group shot.

I'll also put up a post tomorrow or Monday with all of my submissions in order.





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful figure, beautifully painted, but what a shame the gun looks like a blob!
    Well painted blob tho' Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a very nice figure painted excellently....is it supposed to be Harry Flashman or is the resemblance just a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work all the way through the challenge Tamsin, and great figure to finish on

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Herkybird - thanks! I think part of the blobiness of the gun was down to my poop prep and painting of it. And the photography - it does look better in reality. :)

    @ rross - cheers! I believe it is supposed to be good old Flashers. :)

    @ Dave Stone - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soo glad the pistol is ok, I, too sometimes find photos an...unforgiving way of looking at models!
      The number of times I have repainted bits on figures after seeing them in pictures is beyond count!!!

      Delete