About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 2 March 2020

AHPC X Day 73 - Seventeenth Entry - Mounted Barbarians

I submitted my barbarian cavalry as my seventeenth entry yesterday and they have been published this evening (there are a lot of posts in the queue - I guess lots of participants have projects coming to a conclusion right now) : [link]



Right now I'm working on my next two submissions, some more pulp characters:


I should have the painting finished tomorrow, but will probably have to do the varnishing on Wednesday morning.

After these, my plan is to work on the final figures for my barbarian warband. There are only seven figures, so they should be done quite quickly and I can put you out of your misery.

11 comments:

  1. Great work on these cavalrymen!
    Bravo Tamsin!
    😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome sight! Bravo Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the mounted Barbarians! I have to stay awake this evening and GET SOME PAINTING DONE! - you impress me with your dedication, always.
    PS: You seem to be getting a lot of spam comments at the mo, I sympathise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking group- really wonderful job on the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really lovely. The Male Commander is a definate Conan look alike.
    Cracking painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ L'Empereur - merci beaucoup! :)

    @ Michael A - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! I do seem to be in a phase of getting spam comments, but I do manage to clear them quite quickly. :)

    @ Codsticker - cheers! This was the first time I used my airbrush to lay down the base colours and highlights for the horseflesh and it worked a treat - very smooth transitions. :)

    @ Paul - thanks! He's definitely inspired by Conan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work Tamsin. These look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done a good job on these. I have these too in my leadpile. The best Barbarians ever sculpted in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete