About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 2 March 2019

AHPC9 Day 72 - Saturday Workbench 02 March

The bits in front are the mortars and Maxim guns

March already? Doesn't time fly when you're chained to the paint table!

I actually got the rest of the 15mm Russians painted a little quicker than I'd expected, which meant I was able to gunk the bases this morning. With a bit of luck, the gunk will have dried by tonight and I'll be able to paint and drybrush them. Base edging and matte varnishing will get done tomorrow morning, before I add flock.

As they'll be finished tomorrow, I'll probably paint up some more pulp figures as a palette cleanser before I start on the Perry plastics for my early war Aussies.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tamsin,
    Have you looked at the Commonwealth plastics from Warlord? They're a new release and might allow some relatively inexpensive reinforcement for your beleaguered forces. With the Perry's - will you be buying the Aussie heads they do in metal? They are quite nice and could give a bit of variety. Just remember that the earliest Aussies wear khaki - straight from the deserts of North Africa - and wore helmets into the jungle until they caught on to the fact that their slouch hats attracted less fire.
    Have a wonderful start to March!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy table with high quality output

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jerry - I have the free sprue of the Commonwealth figures which came with the February issue of Wargames Illustrated; I might buy a box at some point.
    For the Perry figures, if you look back to my 9 December post, you will see that I did use some of the metal slouch hats when I assembled them. I also converted two to have Lewis guns.
    As for the uniforms, I'm way ahead of you and have already painted about 100 in KD.

    @ Ray - indeed, indeed, indeed! :)

    @ Paul - I'll be able to take a break in a couple of weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete