About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 23 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 65 - Saturday Workbench 23 February


The early war Aussies (well, the Warlord ones) are all finished and I've submitted the post for next Tuesday. I realised that I wouldn't have time to finish the Perry plastics as well, so decided to move onto something else that I could get enough finished for in time. As you can see, I went for the Wars of the Roses project...


...just kidding! I went for the 15mm WW2 Soviets.

Let's take a quick look at all the boards:

Two rifle platoons

AT rifles, "spares" two scout squads, "spares", Tank rider platoon

Mortars, Maxim guns, AT and infantry guns

Artillery crews
I started work on the two rifle platoons yesterday evening, and finished painting them this afternoon.


I've given them a coat of Klear and will be doing the basing once these are done:


I've started work on the guns (edge highlights and tyres). They should be finished quite quickly leaving me time to make a start on the crews tonight. I think that they should be done by lunchtime tomorrow. At that point I'll add stick the crew figures (and shell crates) to the gun bases. I should be able to add the basing gunk late tomorrow, then finish them on Monday. While I'm waiting for the gunk to dry, I'll be able to work on something else, probably my entry for the fight (and final!) bnus round.





4 comments:

  1. Impressive
    No chance of running out of kit to paint then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still on the mass production. So impressive. I'm on 15mm Italians at the mo. A mix of Peter pig and battle front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of work!
    Can't wait to see it finish!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete