About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 30 April 2012

WIP: 4th Sarmatian Command Group #2

30YW Foot Progress

I spent an hour or so this evening priming the figures with gesso. It will probably be a few days before I start painting them, but that just gives the gesso time to cure.


Sarmatian Command Group

I got all the remaining bits done apart from a dry-brush highlight of the cloaks and the Klear/ink coat. Piccies time:







7 comments:

  1. great one. though not my era or prefered scale these little horsemen fill me with curosity.

    thanks for sharing. I always love that cataphract look

    ReplyDelete
  2. @GJD - Cataphracts and knights always look good :)

    @Fran - pretty much there - got the Klear/ink and basing (mix of sand, ballast and tallus rather than my usual gunk) done last night after I'd posted. Just need to add flock and tufts, then do the matt varnish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - as a newbie here I hope I can get away with asking this ... what make are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to give out information, newbie or not! they are from Donnington: http://shop.ancient-modern.co.uk/ in the "Originals" range

      Delete
  4. Great progress, nearly finished

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'll be good to see all the Sarmatians completed! They are looking to be a really colourful army and it will be good to see them all based up and ready for action!

    ReplyDelete