About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 16 April 2012

WIP: 2nd Batch Sarmatian Armoured Lancers #4; WIP: Alans #4; WIP: Battlebots #2

Don't forget my Prize Draw!

I had another good day today and got plenty of painting done. The Sarmatians are just about finished now - only the basing gunk needs to be added. The Alans are coming along nicely and if I'm lucky will be finished apart from basing gunk on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I also did a test of the paint/metallic medium mix and dry-brushed a couple of the Battlebots. I quite like the colour, but do let me know what you think.



Sarmatian Lancers

Done today:     fletching on arrows in quivers; sword hilts and lance tips; touch-ups; Klear/Ink coat; glued to bases

Still to do:        adding basing gunk









Alan Light Horse

Done today:      trousers; tunics

Still to do:         hair; belts; bows; equipment; fletching; metalwork (bits; tack decorations, sword hilts); plumes and tassels; ground colour on bases; Klear/ink





Battlebots

Done today:     test dry-brush of a few figures with a 1:1 mix of Red Leather 818 and metallic medium

Still to do:        everything!



Does this colour work?

11 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Keep 'em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be pretty pleased with the way the Sarmatians have turned out. I know I would!

    The colour on the battlebots looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Battlebots colour and models, where did these come from again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the battlebots' colour, though they look a bit dark

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kingsleypark - yup, very pleased although when I looked at them this morning I spotted that I'd forgotten to paint the beards on 20 of them. Luckily they were grey-primed, so it just makes them look like somewhat grizzled veterans!

    @Fran - they're from The Scene - link in previous post

    @Seb - I think that's just the pic - they don't look as dark in real life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful work! I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice battle bots, colour looks good.

    ReplyDelete