About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 8 April 2012

WIP: Sarmatian Commanders #2; WIP: Alans and Scythians

Pretty good day on the painting front today - got a fair bit of work done.

Sarmatian Commanders:

Done today:
Highlighting of cloaks and barding
Metal work (sword hilts; decoration on scabbards, quivers, bowcases)
Flesh highlights
Minor touch ups
Glued onto bases

Pics!





Still To Do:
Gloss Varnish
Klear/Ink
Apply basing gunk



Alans and Scythians

These got "whitewashed" last night and received basecoats today. Having done a bit of reading lately, I've realised that all my previous bunches of horses had too high a percentage of "outliers" (ie - colours other than "bay") so this time I've decided to be more realistic. Most of the horses will be bays, with a couple of chestnuts and blacks. The Scythian general will be on a true-grey. I've used 3 different browns as the basecoats for most of the horses, with a couple getting a more orangey brown and a pale grey for the general's horse.

Pics!

Scythians

Alans


Other Stuff:

As well as all that, I primed the lances and spears of the TEDF riders with gesso.

After posting this, I'll quickly do the basecoat on the robes of the Chewks

5 comments: