As I will need 28 bases of armoured lancers for my Alan army for Campaign, getting a bunch of them finished as soon as possible is my main priority. Fortunately 36 of the TEDF riders I've been working on are lancers so I cracked ahead with these today.
Black undercoat for armour
Heavy drybrush of Oily Steel 865 over armour (I decided to do all of these with steel scale mail, rather than the mix of steel, brass and coloured horn I've done previously)
Still to do:
Touch up flesh
Scabbards, bowcases, quivers
Metalwork - lance tips, sword hilts
Also done today:
Klear/ink coat on the Sarmatian Command groups. I've decided to do the basing gunk for these when I do it for the armoured lancers - it's easier to make up a bigger batch than just enough for 3 stands.
I'm going to do the black undercoat on the armour of the Scythian general and lancers/cataphracts and their horses before I go to bed.