About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 9 April 2012

WIP: 2nd Batch Sarmatian Armoured Lancers

As I will need 28 bases of armoured lancers for my Alan army for Campaign, getting a bunch of them finished as soon as possible is my main priority. Fortunately 36 of the TEDF riders I've been working on are lancers so I cracked ahead with these today.

Done:
Boots
Flesh
Lance shafts
Black undercoat for armour
Heavy drybrush of Oily Steel 865 over armour (I decided to do all of these with steel scale mail, rather than the mix of  steel, brass and coloured horn I've done previously)

Pics:


I've cut down the size of the pics compared to what I have been doing - if you prefer the larger pics, let me know in comments

Still to do:
Touch up flesh
Trousers
Undershirt/jacket
Beards
Cloaks
Scabbards, bowcases, quivers
Bows
Metalwork - lance tips, sword hilts


Also done today:
Klear/ink coat on the Sarmatian Command groups. I've decided to do the basing gunk for these when I do it for the armoured lancers - it's easier to make up a bigger batch than just enough for 3 stands.

I'm going to do the black undercoat on the armour of the Scythian general and lancers/cataphracts and their horses before I go to bed.

7 comments:

  1. I like the colour variations which don't detract from the overall unit consistency - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing Tamsin. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked Sarmatians - yours are looking sufficiently menacing!

    Have to have a Sarmatae party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the Lancers they look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, these will look sweet once they are all based up.

    ReplyDelete