About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 12 March 2018

Finished: 15mm Sea Peoples Skirmishers



Well, that's the first batch of Sea Peoples done. I decided to start with the skirmish troops as they would have the simplest kilts and I wouldn't mind so much if I made mistakes while working out the best way to paint them. And mistakes were made and I've learnt what not to do on future batches. Like painting batches of 48 figures in one go...

For ADLG, you can take 6 bases of LI or LMI javelin-men (or a mix). LMI javelin-men are only really good for two things - holding rough terrain and dealing with elephants although you don't get any nellies in their historical match-ups.

Light Infantry:






Light Medium Infantry:






And here's the next batch. Or rather the next three batches:


These will be "common warriors" - MI swordsmen. You can have up to 16 bases of these, but I'm only going to do 12 bases.


5 comments:

  1. These look fab! Do you get chariots of your own in the lists, or depend on Caananite allies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great start to the army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Herkybird - cheers! They do get their own chariots - either light or heavy, up to four :)

    @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Dannoc - cheers! It's going to be a bit of a long grind to do this army I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been fascinated with the early DBA Army Lists
    The Sea Peoples stands out
    I think I will have to do them at some point too
    Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete