About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Finished: 15mm Ming Chinese Spear & Dao Unit #4


Annoyingly, the 'flu has caught me so I'm off work. I managed to get a little bit of painting done yesterday evening, but not a lot. Today was better and working in short bursts I managed to get this unit finished off.





This is the fourth spear & dao unit for my army, and the 19th unit overall. I've got one more unit of infantry left to paint for now. I'll start work on them tomorrow.

For this unit, I decided to freehand the Chinese symbols for "dragon" on the shields of the officer and trumpeter:


It wasn't easy as the surface of the shields is textured, but I think it came out OK.

3 comments:

  1. Like the Carmine red of the coats, Red wunz goes fasta! certainly applies to you, Flu or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bright unit. The command base looks really effective with the flag and the freehand shield designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Herkybird - cheers! These chaps will certainly be faster - sadly to die in battle as I roll a series of 1s and my opponent rolls 6s! :)

    @ Dannoc - thanks! Glad you like the freehand shields :)

    ReplyDelete