About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 16 August 2012

WIP: 30YW Commanders #3

A bit more done this evening - not as much as I'd hoped, but it took longer due to switching colours after doing something on each figure.

Done today:
Breeches - 12 colours used (4 reds, 4 blues, 4 greens)
Jackets - 12 colours used (as above)
Boots and gloves - 3 colours used (Burnt Umber, Cork Brown and Khaki Grey). 1 pair of boots and 1 pair of gloves got a mixed colour.

As my Swiss have their 3rd club tourney game tomorrow night, I probably won't get any painting done, but it's still looking good for having them finished (certainly to the stage of being glued onto bases, even if the basing hasn't been done) for my first FoG:R game on Monday.

Next steps:
Hair
Hats
Leather bits (belts, scabbards, stirrups)
Sashes
Collars and hat feathers
Metallics detailing
Other detailing

So the photos:






6 comments:

  1. You'll soon have these done and dusted! What's next on the Tamsin paint shelf??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming along nicely, just a little push to the finish line

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close and looking so good. Great work Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I must admit that it's much more encouraging seeing them with just the detailing left to do.

    @ Ray - next up will be the last 3 units (reiters, dragoons, artillery) for the 30YW army, followed by camp bits, ambush markers and casualty/cohesion markers. Then some 17th century buildings to give me a break from painting figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only watch in awe at your painting output Tamsin. I really should get my backside in gear and get back to the painting table.

    Btw I was catching up on the View from the Verandah podcast and I heard you get a mention by Henry Hyde!

    ReplyDelete