And they're done! Well, apart from being sprayed with matt varnish. Before doing my normal Klear/ink coat, I gave them a coat of 50% Klear so that the ink would flow into the crevices and recesses better. I'm glad I did that, as I didn't want to obscure the shading effects from the painting itself.
So, here are some pics of them in their glossy state:
I'm pretty pleased with them - I hope you like them Dux. If you do, your mission is to go into a bar in Aldershot and say loudly "My mum told me only fairies have wings - she was right!" (kidding! It's really to go into a bar in Hereford and say ....)
I've also made a bit of a start on Andy's cuirassiers - horses base-coated white, armour and pistol barrels base-coated black. His dragoons are still waiting to be matt sprayed - it's been tipping down today, so no chance of opening windows for ventilation. Hopefully I'll be able to do the spraying tomorrow morning for the dragoons and the paras.