About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Wednesday Workbench 05 April 2023

 


Well, that is what I got primed a week or so ago. Most of the figures are "model railway people"; some I am leaving as greyscale to use as "average citizens" for Judge Dredd games, the rest will get painted up to bulk out the "Resident Mobs" for Block Wars games (at least until Warlord decide to t=do the obvious and release further Resident Mob packs - the two from the starter pack and the ten in their own pack just won't be enough for one player, let alone two). I also primed all the figures from the first wave of Block Wars.

"Average Citizens" - I need to get some 30mm round bases for the rest.

Wave 1 of Block Wars

Speaking of Block Wars, Warlord announced the Wave 2 releases for pre-order last week and I might have ordered them as a birthday present for myself...


I did make a start on painting the Wave 1 figures last Friday, doing the flesh on all of them. I then got distracted and didn't return to them until today. I decided to start off with the easy job - doing the Riot Judges and remembered that I still had two Lawmaster bikes that needed painting as well, so added them to the workbench:


I actually finished painting them all today, and I'll be varnishing them tomorrow. Then it's onto this bunch of nutters:


I'll probably do these in small groups over the next few days.


6 comments:

  1. You can never have too many BlockRes folks around, the 'Fade to Grey' look is most striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, for Block Wars I can see a lot of residents being needed. As I noted, these will be an OK-ish stopgap until more Resident Mob packs get released. :)

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of citizens to do Tamsin, but should really make the setting pop so much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly will help give some ambience. I'll just be doing basic paint jobs on them, so they should be reasonably quick to paint. :)

      Delete
  3. Very cool figs - what a great use for old bottle caps too, I must give that a try.
    (PS Excellent blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've found that these bottle caps are just about right to hold figures for painting; I use glue dots to attach the figures these days - much more resilient than superglue. :)

      Delete