About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 9 May 2020

Paint Table Saturday 09 May


Things are progressing quite nicely with the mounted elements of my Wars of the Roses army. The first twelve riders have been mounted on their horses and the basing is almost finished. So, no close-up photos of them today - you'll have to wait until they've been flocked tomorrow!

I've also made very good progress today on the next twelve riders, this time knights and men-at-arms:


There isn't a great deal left to do on these - some metal details and a wash on the non-metal elements. I'll get that done tomorrow and should be able to get them mounted on their horses ready for varnishing and basing on Monday.

That just leave twelve more riders - six scurrers and six command figures - plus four foot command figures left to go. With a bit of luck I'll have them all done (apart from banners for the command groups) by the end of the week.





6 comments:

  1. Looking good! I'm painting the same minis at the moment but mine are for my Condotta. They're a joy to paint...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing the mounted men all based and flagged!
    I am still constructing Egyptian tanks, IS-3m's at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. with all that lovely armour, what varnish are you using and do you put any highlights in after the varnish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all looking very good Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Millsy - thanks! They are quite nice to paint once I got past my instinct to try to paint them in a similar manner to the 28mm character figures I was painting during AHPC X! :)

    @ Herkybird - flags might have to wait a while, but the first of the mounted chaps are up now! :)

    @ Norm - cheers! For varnishing I start with a good airbrush coat of Klear (Pledge Multi-Surface Wax), followed by several thin airbrushed coats of artists acrylic matte varnish. So far I haven't seen any need to re-highlight afterwards. :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great, Tamsin. It's a great period. The Perry WOTR boxes always tempt me.
    Looking forward to the finished results!

    ReplyDelete