Well, that didn't quite go to plan. I left you ten days ago with the first batch of SYW Russians just needing touch-ups and highlighting. I ended up not touching them again until today. They are done now, and varnished with just the standards to be painted.
I've also made a good start on the next batch:
As you can see, I've pulled out all the sticks with command figures and will be painting them as a group. The next batch after this will be some musketeers to for the rear ranks of the command bases. By doing this I will be able to field regiments with the correct standards for the Kunersdorf game, even if I haven't got all the musketeers painted, just by swapping these command groups for the ones in existing regiments. Just in case.
There are a number of reasons why there was a long interruption to the painting. Primarily it was getting distracted by a bit of historical research, map-making, scenario planning, watching the Tour de France, reading...
I think I have got the distractions under control now and should be able to make good progress. Oooh! Squirrel!