About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 28 February 2015

Challenge Day 85 - ESU and NSL Bits Almost Finished

Two evenings of busyness have seen me very nearly finishing the ESU spaceships and the NSL reinforcements. Well, tonight was busy, last night less so.

Last night all that got done on the NSL was the sealing coat of ink/PVA on the basing texture. The ESU ships were sprayed with satin varnish then washed with Vallejo black wash (diluted with 10% flow aid - it was a bit thick and difficult to apply straight from the bottle).

This evening was definitely busier. The ESU have had the glow effect painted on weapons and engines. They look pretty good in my opinion.

Very faint green engine glow in the dark




All that's left for these is to give them a quick spray of matt varnish, then dab satin/gloss on the weapon glow. And add flight peg toppers.


The NSL reinforcements were what really kept me busy though. The basing texture has been drybrushed  and flock added. The flock will be drybrushed with dark flesh paint tomorrow, then they are done. I've also glued the hover drones onto their clear pegs.

Deliberately bad pic so as not to be a spoiler for the Challenge blog post


So, a little bit of work tomorrow, followed by a lot of photography and editing, plus writing the entry posts.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a decent point bomb building

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very impressive rate of effort Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete