The capital ships, logistics vessels and big cruisers have been given a spray of matt varnish, after which I went back over the sensor domes and bridges with gloss varnish. Then I super-glued flight peg toppers to the undersides. Once that was done, I attacked a pick & pluck foam tray to create appropriate storage for them.
The finished ships so far:
The escort and light cruisers just need some minor touching up with the base colour (to go over mistakes) which I'll do this evening. Tomorrow I'll matt spray them and attach flight peg toppers. I think I'll need to start another full size pick & pluck foam tray for this fleet, especially as I'll be adding more ships to it shortly.
Tomorrow I plan to get the destroyers, frigates and corvettes completed. If I have time, I'll make a start on the fighters. Or maybe do some more work on the 30YW limber teams.
So, here are some pics of what's left for me to work on of the current projects:
While I was doing a quick step on the fighters, I discovered that one has gone missing. I guess I must have caught it and sent it flying into the wasteland at some point. This means that one base will have to have 2 instead of 3 fighters on it.