My word, is it really 2 years ago that I started this blog? Of course it is. Well, happy blogday to me!
As I mentioned on Monday, there will be a celebratory prize draw but it will be delayed until I can show you photos of the prize - it will be my villain entry for the Challenge.
Last night I did manage to finish the Koreans before the end of 2013, although it did mean I had to switch on my patented localised time freezing machine for a little over 3 hours. Pics have been taken and the submission emailed to Curt. I'm hoping they will be posted this evening.
After a late start this morning (after midday! Well, I didn't get to be until gone 4am) I have made a start on the coureurs de bois this afternoon. Following my psychotic efforts with large batches, these will provide a welcome break. I'm hoping to finish them up by the end of the weekend. Here's a quick WIP shot.
That's all for today folks. Tomorrow I'll be back at work which will slow my painting output down quite a bit (stop that cheering Ian!).
So, it's somewhat traditional to post plans for the coming year. I guess I'd better do something like that then.
1. Place well in this year's Challenge
2. Finish my Buccaneer army by my birthday and get several games of FoG:R in with it
3. Get my 6mm ACW armies painted up and play some games with them
4. Get my NSL fleet painted by my birthday and my Japanese fleet painted by the end of June
5. Finish painting my Sarmatians and Scythians
6. Get a decent bunch of my 15mm SciFi stuff painted
1. Try to average at least one gaming session per week
2. Avoid tournaments this year
3. Get the following armies on the table as many times as possible - buccaneers, Koreans, Swiss, Sarmatians, 30YW
4. Play lots of Full Thrust
6. Play several games of Saga
7. Play a few games of Polemos ACW when my 6mm armies are ready
8. Organise a multi-player 30YW FoG:R game for a bank holiday weekend
Attend the following - Salute, Broadside, Colours, SELWG
I've already made a small start to this year's spending - some figures and parts I need for my Challenge entry fee. I couldn't find the exact figure I wanted, so I'll have to do some conversion work.
As my plan for this year is to concentrate on painting stuff I already have, I shouldn't be purchasing any new figures. Well, apart from whatever I buy using my 20% discount voucher for GZG. And bits I see at shows, But definitely no new projects. No, sirree. Just bits to expand or complete existing projects.Or bits to provide opposition forces. Oh, look - shinies! Must buy, must buy!
I'm hoping to post more frequently this year than I did in 2013. I'll aim for at least 4 posts per week.