Tasks completed (so far) today:
1) Matt spray varnished my Sarmatians-posing-as-Alans. Had to go back for a second light coat as some still looked glossy. I then went back and brushed gloss varnish on a couple of bits of the camp - the spit-roasting pig and the "liquid" in the cauldrons.
2) Prepped my Khurasan "Space Demons" - I've glued the bodies to washers as singles (25mm), pairs (32mm) and triples (38mm). Somehow I ended up with an extra body. I'll hang onto it in case I can find a use for it or acquire an extra head.
3) Fitted the Old Glory cuirassiers to their horses
4) "Fixed" the flock on the terrain pieces. Having doused one piece with 25% PVA using a dropper, I realised that was a mistake and decided to try something I've done successfully in the past - spraymount adhesive. There seems to be a lot of loose flock on the pieces despite repeated tapping, shaking and such-like. I guess over time the excess will flake off.
Anyway, here's a pic of the completed pieces:
Might do later:
1) Glue riders to horses
2) Glue heads and spines to the space demons
Next onto the workbench:
1) Prime and paint Old Glory 30YW cuirassiers
2) Prime and paint the space demons (these will be a fairly quick job - black metallic spray paint, colour/metallic washes, basing, mouth details)
3) Finish painting Sarmatian "other cavalry"
4) Finish painting Scythians