Just in case I get back too late/knackered/drunk to post, I though I'd give you a quick update.
Jobs done last night:
1) Glued 30YW cuirassiers to their horses. I had an accident with one - the sword was very flimsy and the blade broke off. Never mind - he can be the officer!
2) Glued heads and spines onto space demons. This was very fiddly and I kept getting superglue on my fingertips. Thank goodness for Zap's Z-& Debonder!
3) Primed 30YW Cuirassiers with gesso.
Jobs done today:
1) Adding basing texture (mix of Reeve's modelling paste and coarse texture gel) to bases of space demons. I decided to do that at this stage rather than adding after painting.
"I don't know what they'll do to the Corporate Marines, but by God they frighten me!"
"Those space demons are pretty scary-looking too!"
Old Glory 30YW Cuirassiers - a rather mixed bag of ne'er do-wells
"Infiltrator" Space Demons on the triples bases
Space Demon King and Queen
As for the terrain pieces, I think that the hills and gully may need to be abandoned - the warping on the hills makes them look silly and the gully didn't look quite right. I think my best bet is to make the hills and gully from styrofoam - I've got plenty and have a hot-wire cutter to shape them with.