I had a meeting after work (I'm a trustee of a local charity) and by the time I got home I was hot and tired and not in the mood to do much apart from veg out on the sofa, so no more painting got done.
Today is a different matter though, and a small change in the planned sequence of projects. I've decided to make a start on my 30 Years War foot. I'm doing the foot as 3 "brigades" each with a 9-base regiment and a 6-base regiment
The Blues - will have red or green facings (blue = Dark Blue 930)
The Reds - will have green or blue facings (red = Vermillion 909)
The Greens - will have blue or red facings (green = Flat Green 968)
The "facings" will be the cuffs, stocking ribbons, officers' trousers and collars, "company" standards, hat feathers, drum barrel and such like.
Done so far:
- Blue jackets
- Blue trousers on most officers and drummers
- Blue boots for one officer
My original plan for the "company" standards was to do them split colours - half in the regiment colour, half in the brigade colour. Having done the blue, I've realised it would be much more sensible to just do them in the regiment colour.
Later on I will do the black undercoat for metallic parts (armour, musket barrels and rests) and might dry-brush with Oily Steel 865 if I have time before bed.
Here are a couple of pics for you:
I think I should probably start prepping the "Blue" regiments of cuirassiers, harquebusiers, dragoons and a generals stand. I might as well get a full command done in one stretch.
For those of you thinking "That's a lot of figures to do in one batch", set your worries aside - it is only 54 figures, all infantry, all fairly uniform so it won't be anything like some of my previous schemes with assembly line painting of Sarmatians.