Well, Friday saw me feeling worse rather than better. However, I was feeling somewhat improved yesterday and today have been feeling almost 90%.
15mm SciFi Grav Tanks and APCs
These are very nearly finished. I've done the green camo, the detailing and washed with dark brown ink after giving them a spray coat of satin varnish. I just need to finish the basing on the flight stands and will then give them a spray coat of matt varnish.
15mm Seleucid Elephants
Especially for Mr Awdry, here are some pics of the almost finished elephants.
I just need to paint a few details on the mahouts and dry-brush the nellies with a lighter grey, then it will be on to painting the howdahs and crew.
The figures are from Donnington in case you were wondering.
NAC Intro Fleet
I got these painted this weekend, so here you go with a mass of pics.
As you can see, I've mounted them on clear stands from Litko (part of my purchases from Figures in Comfort this week).
"My word! She's painted bits on the underside as well this time!"
Oh, in case you're wondering, those are Litko flight-peg toppers glued underneath. I've also added these to my FSE ships.
The painting scheme for these was:
Sprayed with grey primer
Washed with mid/dark grey
Wet-brush with 2:1 pale greyblue/London grey (went a little too heavy and it went into recesses as well)
Dry-brush 3:1 pale greyblue/white
Lighter dry-brush 1:1 pale greyblue/white
Flat red on panel details
Dark blue grey mixed with metallic medium on weapons and engines
Hazard panels done with 1:1 yellow ochre/flat yellow then black lines
Green nacelles - base coat of emerald washed with fluo green
Bridge deep sky blue mixed with metallic medium
Weapon tips - fluo green
Engine effect - same as for the FSE fleet I posted last week
I then sprayed with gloss varnish and washed with London grey, then finished with a spray of satin varnish.
Plans for this week
1. Finish up the grav tanks and APCs
2. Finish painting the Seleucid elephants and crews
3. Prep the NSL fleet
4. Prep the Swiss halberdiers
5. Collect the packages that the postman tried to deliver while I was out on Saturday (I suspect they are my GZG order and another order from Figures in Comfort)
- London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).