This was my first entry in this year's Challenge and netted me 48 points. I should more than double my score today when the non-combatant bonus theme entries are posted.
So, the Seleucid xystophoroi cavalry. The figures are from Donnington Miniatures - 11 are companion/agema cavalry with one cataphract as a leader. I went a bit further than usual with these and did more than one layer on the armour and cloaks. Looking at the pictures now, I realise that I missed a step - there are no white markings on any of the horses' legs! Oh well.
I decided to keep the basing fairly plain, but might add tufts in the future if I can find some that would look right.
Glamour shot with the nellies!
I'm quite pleased with these boys and hope you all like the look of them.
I was feeling pretty wrecked yesterday after doing a shop to stock up on food for the holiday, so I halted work on the berserkers as I didn't feel up to doing detail work. Instead I started work on another of my challenge projects, doing black and yellow ochre undercoats on a bunch of 15mm figures. This morning I drybrushed over the black with oily steel.That might give some of you a hint of what the project is if you remember my entries last year. I might even be able to get them pretty much finished today (apart from flocking, tufting etc) so there is a chance that I will be able to add a goodly quantity of points to my total before Christmas. As I'll be heading down to my family in Sussex for a few days and won't be able to take any painting with me, that would be quite handy.