Phew! Yesterday's minor disaster didn't take too much work to recover from. Funnily enough, it actually seems to have improved the colour of the yellow hussars - serendipity at work!
I din't get as much work done on the cavalry as I might have liked during my day off. That's mostly down to having a lie-in this morning, and a 2 hour nap late afternoon. Oh, and an hour of shopping, and another hour of household chores.
Still, I have made good progress. Before going out to the shops, the hussars received a coat of brush-on varnish. I'm using the Golden Acrylics matte varnish. This was rather thick out of the bottle, so I cut it with some water to aid flow onto the figures.
Once they had dried, I popped them off the sticks and superglued them onto 30x30 bases. A while later, when they were securely attached, I added some basing gunk (coarse texture gel, Vallejo fine pumice gel, PVA glue and some burnt umber ink). This had dried within a few hours, so I touched up the spots which had been missed by the gunk, then dry-brushed them. And flocked them. And took photographs of them. And drafted a post on the Challenge blog.
So, no pics of the hussars until they've been up on the Challenge blog for 24 hours.
However, I can show you the small amount of progress I've made on the rest of the cavalry.
Not much progress, as you can see, but it's one more step out of the way - the horse tack.