The Challenge is only on Day 5 and already we have had a lot of entries. Some Challengers have submitted several entries. I'm hoping that they've forgotten that it is a 15-week marathon and not a sprint, so will run out of steam very soon, allowing me to catch up.
I had a minor disaster this evening with the hussars - the ink washes to give definition have managed to make the white look mucky, the yellow to take on a mucky orange tinge and the faces to look very sunburnt/tanned. I'm going to have to go back over these areas with white/yellow/flesh before varnishing them now.
I've also made some progress on the cuirassiers, dragoons and horse grenadiers. Last night I did the flesh (faces only - these guys are all wearing gloves!). This evening I've done breaches, waistcoats and jackets. I'm dreading doing the red piping on the jackets of the cuirassiers - I might have to use an ultrafine tip pen for that job.
I've taken tomorrow off work, so should be able to make significant progress on all of these cavalry.