About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Finished - 28mm WW2 Aussie Independent Company #2



And they're finished! I decided to do the first two steps on the bases last night (painting and washing) rather than working on the NGVR section. This morning I drybrushed the bases, matte varnished them and then added tufts.


Senior and Junior Leaders







Riflemen






SMGs, Bren, Sniper and Signaler






Casualty





I think he'll make a rather nice "jump off point" for Chain of Command.

I also finished the re-basing on the previous senior leaders:



After doing the dry-brushing and airbrushing, I headed into town to do a bit of shopping. This is what I brought home:


The brushes (Winsor & Newton Series 7 sizes 2 and 0) were from London Graphic Centre. I was after a couple of size 1s as well, but they are out of stock. It appears that there is a nationwide shortage of those at the moment, but they should (hopefully) be back in stock soon.

The rest are from Dark Sphere (I had two £25 vouchers from my leaving gifts to spend). The 8th Army are going to be for Kokoda Trail militia. I also picked up a pack of Aussie scouts. They didn't have all the paints I was after, so I placed an order for those from SnM Stuff when I got home. I also placed an order with Warlord games for some 8th Army command and support weapons, two more Matildas and a couple more Stronty Dog packs.

This afternoon and evening I've been finishing the highlights and washes on the NGVR. I took a couple of pics before giving them a Klear coat:



I think they've come out quite nicely. I decided to go for a fairly pale colour for the khaki drill uniforms. I'll leave the basing until the Papuans are finished - I'll start work on them tomorrow.


11 comments:

  1. Nice work on the diggers Miss P. What's the deal on the green SMGs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Aussies painted the SMG’s that way.

      Delete
  2. I really like these figures Tamsin. That KD looks good, it bleached with washing and the effects of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys featuring in a few CoC AARs. They are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent additions to your burgeoning army! Carry on...Miss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice painting! You’re sure being productive of late. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work as usual. I'm just hoping my painting work can look half as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Peter - thanks! As Simon says, they were factory-painted in that camo scheme. :)

    @ Simon J - cheers! That was the effect that I was aiming for on the KD :)

    @ Francis - thanks! :)

    @ Carole - cheers! Hopefully I'll get my Aussies on the table for a CoC game soon :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ Stew - thanks! Having so much time available now is certainly helping me to get lots of stuff painted :)

    @ Simon Q - cheers! :)

    @ Jerry - thanks! Fingers crossed for your paintjobs :)

    ReplyDelete