About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 2 November 2018

Finished - 28mm WW2 Papuans #2 and New Guinea Volunteer Rifles


Yes, they're all done. I finished painting the Papuans last night, and got the basing done on them and the NGVR today.


Papuan Infantry Battalion











New Guinea Volunteer Rifles


These chaps were an irregular force formed from white settlers in New Guinea at the start of the war. They were poorly equipped with old weapons and equipment, but did excellent work independently and alongside other Australian forces.












While the basing gunk was drying, I decided to assemble some of the MDF kits I'd bought recently:







I'll be adding Stucco effect to the adobe buildings tomorrow, using filler. Of course, I've been an idiot and glued the wooden posts and doors in already, which means I'll have to be more careful than I would otherwise.

I've also got all the metal figures bought recently prepped and washed. I think this weekend will

12 comments:

  1. I love the newly painted South Pacificans! I think the tufts on the bases really makes them shine!
    I am looking forward to seeing how you finish off those lovely MDF buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the Papuans getting a run! Makes for a really rich tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I've enjoyed watching this whole project develop and come together. Excellent work Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and white skin are very successful!
    Bravo Tamsin !
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top brushwork Tamsin. How'd you paint the flesh effect?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamsin these are just the "definitive" WW2 Australian and Papuans! Flawless."You beaut!" as an Aussie would say, "Pass the the Fosters!" Tipping a glass of beer to you ;)
    Now go play and post an AAR or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking stuff! 😀
    It’s always cool to see MDF buildings improved upon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work on all of them, Tamsin. The native infantry is very interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Herkybird - cheers! Those tufts were definitely worht the effort of making :)

    @ DAB - thanks! I'd painted some of Eureka's Papuan troops before, so I've got enough for an under-strength platoon [once Aussie NCOs and officers are added] :)

    @ Simon J - cheers! :)

    @ Lee - thanks! It's been a long haul [thanks to my stupid decision with the first batch to do so many levels of highlighting], but the results have been worth it :)

    @ L'Empereur - cheers! Doing the black skin was hard work as the first two highlight layers are so close to the base colour :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)
    Do you mean the black skin? Prime black; base of German Camo Black Brown; Army Painter strong tone wash (thinned 1:1 with water); reapply base except in the deep recesses; 1:1 base plus Chocolate Brown; Chocolate Brown; Flat Earth for high highlights; strong tone wash (thinned again).

    @ Geordie - cheers! Hopefully I'll get some games in with them soon and post AARs :)

    @ Martin - thanks! :)

    @ Stew - cheers! :)

    @ Dean - thanks! I had fun painting them, and what New Guinea force would be complete without them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers Tamsin. That works really well.

    ReplyDelete