About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Wednesday Workbench 17 October

Since my game on Monday I've been keeping myself busy. I've decided to finish off the jungle-green Aussies, and made a start on the first of the remaining batches yesterday. I got all the base layers down and first washes. This morning I started highlighting them. This pic was taken after the flesh had been highlighted:



This afternoon I've continued the highlighting and have done the uniforms, slouch hats, water bottles and boots. This evening I'll be doing the other bits. If I get time I'll do the final washes as well. Tomorrow I'll be doing the Klear coat and matt varnishing.

I'm going to wait until the rest are painted and varnished before I add the basing gunk. Partly that's because I've decided to switch the senior leaders onto 25mm hex bases instead of 30mm ones (so that they'll fit properly into the slots of the foam trays). I'll need to buy some 25mm hex bases this weekend at SELWG show.


Last night, after doing the first washes on the Aussies, I decided to assemble the two 15mm tanks I'd bought at Colours a few weeks ago.



For the Panzer IV I went with the G variant. I have decided to paint the turrets and hulls separately so that the turrets can be rotated.

The PSC kits were quite easy to assemble, but they could do with better instructions as it wasn't obvious where some of the extra bits were meant (toolboxes, etc) to go. I might do a quick prime and paint on these as someone at the club is running a 15mm Eastern Front game of "What A Tanker!" at the club on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Loving your fantastic work on the Aussie troops and vehicles. At this rate you'll produce a whole company.
    I'm sure fielding the Aussies will change your luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15mm tanks? Possibly to try 'What a Tanker' with?
    Liking the green Aussies too. Nice work Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Guidowg - thanks! the Aussies will be about two reduced platoons plus company assets, and short platoons of Papuans and Commandos when I'm done. There might also be a couple of tank troops. :)

    @ Francis - cheers! But what do you think of the figures? ;)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! Yes, 15mm "WaT!" as most of the guys at the club have 15mm tanks for FoW :)

    ReplyDelete