About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 28 October 2018

Sunday Workbench 28 October

It's been a busy weekend on the painting front. I got all the base colours and initial washes done on the Aussie commandos yesterday, then today started work on the first smaller batch. I've powered through and managed to get all the highlights and final washes done:




I'll be giving them a coat of Klear once the last wash has fully dried.

Tomorrow I'll start work on highlighting the remaining eight figures:



As I've got other things to be doing, I probably won't finish them until Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. Always an eye opener to see those brightly coloured SMGs.
    Aussie commandos were nutters. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the need to watch Attack Force Z now. More Top work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Australian commandos? I see some good exciting scenarios upcoming for those bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Tamsin. I quite like your work on the wounded fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting! Silly question; why sll the different shaped bases?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Dai - but those colours did work well as camo in the jungle :)

    @ Martin - cheers! I don't think I've seen that film - will have to look it up :)

    @ Herkybird - yes, they had a full brigade by the middle of the war and they saw a lot of action :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Simon - cheers! :)

    @ Curt - thanks! The blood effects came out quite nicely on the casualty, although the slight blue-grey cast I gave to the flesh doesn't show up very well in that photo :)

    @ Stew - the different shapes are to help identify different leader types. Senior leaders (officers, Sergeants) are on hexes; junior leader (Corporals) are on squares; other ranks are on round bases :)

    ReplyDelete