I was planning to relax a bit today, but I've been a busy bee instead.
I decided to paint up the latex track sections I'd bought at SELWG. A lot of mess later and they're done:
I might go back and do some more work on the water of the ford section to make it fit with the river sections I painted a couple of years back. Or maybe repaint those sections to match the ford as I think the green-brown looks better than the originals.
This is how the water looks on the original scheme:
I've also started work on the Aussie commandos (and a casualty - who will become a jump-off point marker):
I'm going to do the base colours and initial washes on the whole batch, but will break them down into smaller groups for the highlighting. I should be able to get them mostly finished this weekend.
These will be the last of the "jungle green" troops. I've got ten more Papuans and ten of Warlord's "Militia" to paint. The "Militia" will become New Guinea Volunteer Rifles.