About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Wednesday Workbench 24 October

...with added tanks!

What have I been up to since my trip to sELWG on Sunday? Quite a lot, as it happens.

On Monday I got the 15mm tanks finished (apart from decals - I'll be doing those when the other tanks I bought on Sunday are ready). They were done with plenty of time to spare before they'd be seeing action in a game of "What A Tanker!" that evening.


T34/76





 ...and converted to T34/85



PzKpfw IV Ausf F2/G





On Monday I took the opportunity for some photos on a battlemat:





I did enjoy the game on Monday night. Great fun and absolute chaos, as we had extra tanks coming on as people arrived. The Russians (including me) had four T34/76s against two StuGs and a PzKpfw IV Ausf G. My T34 scored a kill (the crew bailed out) so I will be going into the next game with a skill card.

Yesterday I decided to start on the next batch of Aussies. I got all the base coats and initial washes done, then managed to do about half of the highlighting. I finished them today and took some pics before giving them a coat of Klear.



Tomorrow I'll be adding basing gunk and when it's cured will paint and dry-brush the bases. If that's not too late, I'll also matt varnish them and add tufts.

The next batch will be Independent Company commandos. I might break them down into two batches as 14 is a few too many to work on at one time.

This evening I will start prepping the metal figures I bought on Sunday (the sprues of all the plastic models have been washed).

As you can tell, lots going on at the moment.


10 comments:

  1. Love the tanks and figures! Great work.
    I am sure you are Russian to have a second game of What a Tanker! - its that kind of game!
    (I hope you draw a good skill card too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanks and Aussies look ace Tamsin.

    I really need to try out WhataTanker. Just good reviews from all the blogs that have featured it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting! What a Tanker is still on my Bucket List .. I feel as if I have missed the boat! Speaking of boats I have my eyes on the prise of Cruel Seas ... too many toys so little time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the Eureka Miniatures Aussies. They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing looking Aussie infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Herkybird - cheers! And a big "groan" for that pun ;)

    @ Dai - thanks! It's definitely worth giving it a go - I had a lot of fun on Monday :)

    @ Geordie - cheers! I don't think any of us has enough time for all the shiny, new products :)

    @ Beccas - thanks, and well spotted on the manufacturer :)

    @ Dan - cheers! :)

    @ David Cooke - thanks! :)

    @ Legatus - cheers! I do love how they look, but really wish I hadn't started out by doing so many levels of highlighting and shading - I'd have finished them all much sooner if I'd gone with a simpler scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very tasteful shades of green on that T-34. I like it even better than the camo of the Panzer IV (which is also great).

    ReplyDelete